TM Wrap Around Hinged Knee BraceManufacturer: Advanced Orthopaedics - Model: 937
- The wrap around design allows for exact fit and comfort
- Provides mild to moderate medial and lateral support; in addition to the support offered by the strapping
- Polycentric hinge provides extension
- For treatment of ACL, LCL, MCL and PCL instability
- Stops of 0, 10, 20, 40, 60 and 90 degrees
HOW TO APPLY: First set the hinge to the desired flexion/extension settings (see below). Unfasten all straps and closures. Position the back with the popliteal opening and behind the knee so popliteal opening falls at the crease behind the knee. Align the medial/lateral hinges with the center of the knee joint. Wrap around the front and secure the hook and loop closure. Support should fit snug but not so tight as to restrict circulation. Hinges should be aligned with the prominent bones on each side of the knee. Secure straps beginning with the top strap. Feed straps through rings and secure.
SETTING THE HINGE:
Hinge has optional flexion and extension settings of 0, 10, 20, 40, 60, and 90 degrees. The caregiver should determine the correct setting for the condition. Each hinge can be set at flexion, extension or both.
- Remove hinge from pocket.
- Open hinge cover and remove pins (4 total).
- Set flexion first by moving hinge arms until an opening is seen through the desired flexion setting. Drop pins into desired setting, snapping them into place. Set both sides of the hinge (left/right) at the same degree of flexion.
- Set extension by moving hinge arms until an opening is seen through the desired extension setting. Drop pins into desired setting, snapping them into place. Set both sides of the hinge (left/right) to the same degree of extension.
- Close hinge cover.
- Insert hinge back into pocket.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Fasten closures. Hand wash in cold water with mild soap. Wrap in a towel to remove excess water (do not twist or wring). Air dry away from heat. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach.
More from this collection
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
does that mean that we can lock the hinges at 0,10,20,etc. degrees????
The TM Wrap Around Hinged Knee Brace will lock at those degree settings providing for a wide range of motion settings.