FM Hinged Knee BraceManufacturer: Advanced Orthopaedics - Model: 923
- Slip-on style
- Provides mild to moderate medial and lateral support
- For treatment of ACL, LCL, MCL and PCL instability
- Two polycentric hinges with pin stops for controlled range of motion
- 26 individual separate settings for flexion/extension control
- Covered hinge pockets
- Neoprene hinge covers included
HOW TO APPLY: First set the hinge to the desired flexion/extension settings (see below). Unfasten all straps and closures. Pull the brace over the knee with the patella opening centered on the kneecap and the medial/lateral hinges aligned with the center of the knee joint. Support should fit snug but not so tight as to restrict circulation. The center of the hinges should be aligned with the prominent bones on each side of the knee. Secure straps beginning with the top strap. Feed straps through rings and secure.
SETTING THE HINGE: The caregiver should determine the correct setting for the condition. Each hinge can be set at flexion, extension or both.
- Remove hinge from pocket.
- Open hinge cover and remove pins (4 total).
- Set flexion first by moving hinge arms until an opening is seen through the desired flexion setting. Drop pins into desired setting, snapping them into place. Set both sides of the hinge (left/right) at the same degree of flexion.
- Set extension by moving hinge arms until an opening is seen through the desired extension setting. Drop pins into desired setting, snapping them into place. Set both sides of the hinge (left/right) to the same degree of extension.
- Close hinge cover.
- Insert hinge back into pocket.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Fasten closures. Hand wash in cold water with mild soap. Wrap in a towel to remove excess water (do not twist or wring). Air dry away from heat. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach.
More from this collection
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.